Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ravioli Soup

I think I am going to make this over the weekend.  It looks like a nice light soup.  I've got a lot going on this weekend so time is short, this will be easy.  Caputo's has mini raviolis, I may try those.  I wonder if some red pepper flakes would be good in this as well.

2 C. water
1 cube chicken bouillon
1 pound prepared fresh cheese ravioli
2/3 C. baby spinach leaves
2 fresh mushrooms
1/4 C. sliced carrot
1/2 C. frozen peas and carrots
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 dash soy sauce
salt and black pepper to taste

In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon cube to a boil.  Place ravioli in the pot, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Mix in spinach, mushrooms, carrot, frozen peas and carrots, olive oil, and soy sauce; cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.  Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...