Sunday, March 16, 2014

Chicken, Bean, and Mushroom Soup

I was going to make ravioli soup using some cute little raviolinis (mini raviolis) from Caputos.  Sadly, they didn't have any when I was there this morning.  So, it was time to improvise.  You will notice that this is not written in typical recipe fashion mostly because I didn't  measure much.  Here we go.

I sauteed 1 shallot in butter with 3 fresh button mushrooms and 6 fresh creminis. I sliced the mushrooms.



In my soup pot, I threw a box of chicken broth, 2 tbsp low sodium chicken bouillon, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 4 C. water.  I whisked all of that together over low heat.

Then I sliced 4 stalks of celery and 4 carrots.  I put both in the pot and raised the heat to medium high.

Before I got started, I had baked 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts seasoned with a Mediterranean sea salt blend.  As the broth mixture was coming to a boil, I added the chicken and the mushroom shallot mixture.  I also added 2 pinches of the same Mediterranean sea salt blend.

Finally, I added a can of cannellini beans that had been drained and rinsed and about 25 baby spinach leaves that I had cut into ribbons.

If you don't have a Mediterranean sea salt blend, use what you have...this blend has dried rosemary, garlic and sea salt.



This soup got Chris' seal of approval and he's really not a mushroom fan!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...