Thursday, April 17, 2014

Chicago Style Pan Pizza

I found this on allrecipes.com.  While I have been studying the art of homemade pizza for the last 6+ years, I haven't tried making pan.  Some on my homemade thin crusts get a little doughy but I think I may need to see if my middle name is Malnati, or Gino, or Uno.

1 lb. loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
1lb. bulk Italian sausage
2 C. shredded mozzarella
8oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp. olive oil
1 28oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
3/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. fennel seed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.

Crumble the sausage into a large skillet over medium high heat.  Cook and stir until evenly browned.  Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and sprinkle over the dough crust.  Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the sausage.

Add the mushrooms and onion to the skillet; cook and stir until the onion is tender.  Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt and fennel seed and garlic powder.  Spoon over the mozzarella cheese.  Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.

Bake for 25 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crust is golden brown.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...