Sunday, August 17, 2014

Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

I saw this on allrecipes.com  I have a tiny bit of cilantro left on my plant.  I think this might become a staple here...Chris and I love Tex/Mex.  I am going to get corn tortillas to go with this.

1 16oz. jar salsa
1 package dry taco mix
1 lime, juiced
3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (I will probably go a little light on this)
3lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves


  1. Place the salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture. Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 4 hours. If desired, set cooker to Low and cook 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks to serve.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...