Sunday, July 12, 2015

Peach Tomato and Basil Salad

I chose this recipe because of the photo.  It's in the July issue of All You magazine.  I might try it with nectarines as well.  I like nectarines better than peaches but we're going to Michigan in a couple of weeks and while my Southern friends might disagree, Michigan peaches are amazing.  I might use champagne vinegar instead of white balsamic too.  Regular balsamic would be OK I am sure.

1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil
1lb. peaches pitted and each cut into 8 wedges
1lb. tomatoes cored and sliced horizontally
1/2 C.  lightly packed basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and olive oil.  Arrange peach wedges and tomatoes on a platter; drizzle dressing on top.  Scatter with basil.  Season with salt and pepper.



Per serving: 86 calories, 5g. fat, 0g. cholesterol, 2g. fiber, 2g. fiber, 2g. protein, 11g. carbohydrates, 198mg. sodium

1 comment:

Kathie said...

We had this for dinner tonight. I didn't have the right vinegar so I used balsamic in its place. It was delicious!

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...