Sunday, July 12, 2015

Orzo Salad with Zucchini and Feta

There is a lot of talk these days about eating a Mediterranean diet and how good it is for you.  I like a lot of  what is considered Mediterranean...almost to the point of having difficulty with portion control.  I wonder if I can sell this salad to Chris and the kids.

8oz. orzo
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/4lbs. zucchini
8oz. feta, crumbled
1/4 C. chopped fresh dill

Cook orzo according to package directions.  Drain and run under cold water until cool.

In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, red pepper, salt and pepper.  Add zucchini and let marinate tossing occasionally for 20 minutes.






Add orzo, feta and dill to zucchini mixture; toss to combine.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I made this for my lunches for the upcoming week. I used spicy pecan vinegar for the dressing and added sliced black olives. It's really tasty!!

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...