Monday, October 5, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oatmeal

2014 in my mind was the year of pumpkin spice.  Pumpkin spice latte, peanut butter, tea, hand cream...it's EVERYWHERE!!!

I love pumpkin.  I love oatmeal.  I am going to try this.

1 15oz. can solid pack pumpkin
1 C. steel cut oats
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
3 C. water
1 1/2 C 2% milk
Optional toppings: toasted chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, additional brown sugar, milk

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in the water and milk.  Transfer to a greased slow cooker.  Cook, covered on low 5-6 hours or until the oats are tender, stirring once.  Serve with toppings as desired.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...