Monday, October 5, 2015

Seven Layer Mediterranean Dip

I love Mediterranean food.  There is something about the combination of flavors that is so delicious.  I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Christmas cook book.  This will definitely make an appearance over the holidays.

1 8oz. carton hummus
1 C. reduced fat sour cream (I really think I will use full fat sour cream)
1 8oz. jar roasted sweet peppers, drained and chopped
1/4 C. crumbled feta cheese
1/4 C. chopped red onion
12 Greek olives, pitted and chopped
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Baked pita chips

Spread the hummus into a 9 inch pie plate.  Top with the sour cream, roasted red peppers, feta cheese, red onion, and Greek olives.  Sprinkle with parsley.  Refrigerate until serving.  Serve with baked pita chips.


No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...