Monday, March 27, 2017

Slow Cooked Meatball Soup

I found this in the Simple and Delicious Slow Cooker book I received recently.  I see this soup becoming one of our regular meals.

3 medium carrots, sliced
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 24oz. package frozen fully cooked meatballs, thawed...I may use my homemade meatballs here
1 carton beef broth
2 14.5oz. cans Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
2 C. water
3/4 C. dry red wine or additional water
3/4 C. ditalini or other small pasta
4 C. fresh baby spinach
Grated Parmesan

Place first 11 ingredients in a 6qt. slow cooker.  Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender and flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.

Stir in pasta; cook, covered, on high until pasta is tender, 15-20 minutes. Discard bay leaf; stir in spinach until wilted.  Serve with cheese.

Per serving: 288 calories, 16g. fat, 33mg. cholesterol, 1173mg. sodium, 23g. carbohydrates, 15g. protein

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...