Monday, March 27, 2017

Herbed Lemon Pork Chops

We eat pork chops pretty often so I am always looking for different ways to make them.  I almost always have fresh lemons and I think I will add some lemon zest in with the juice.

1 tsp. salt free garlic seasoning blend; I may substitute a sea salt blend I have
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. salt, which I won't use if I use the salt blend above
1/4 tsp. garlic powder...there's never too much garlic
1/4 tsp. crushed dried rosemary
2 6oz. bone in pork chops
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice

Mix seasonings; rub over both sides of chops.  In a large non stick skille, heat oil over medium high heat.  Add pork; cook until a thermometer reads 145 degrees; 5-8 minutes per side.

Remove from the heat; drizzle with lemon juice.  Let stand, covered for 2 minutes before serving.

Per serving: 200 calories, 10g. fat, 74mg. cholesterol, 350mg. sodium, 1g. carbohydrates, 26g. protein


No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...