Monday, October 23, 2017

Cran-Almond Loaf

Each year at Christmas, I bake mini loaves of bread for my co-workers.  I try to alternate flavors.  This will be a new addition that I am sure will be delicious.  I found the recipe in the Taste of Home Christmas 2017 Recipe Book.

2 C. all purpose flour
1 C. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
1 C. buttermilk
1/3 C. canola oil
1/4 tsp. almond extract (I could also use a bit of Amaretto)
1 C. dried cranberries, chopped

I am going to try this recipe as is one time.  Afterwards, I may add some orange rind for a flavor pop.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Whisk together the first 6 ingredients.  In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil and extract.  Add to the flour mixture;stir just until moistened.  Fold in cranberries.

Transfer the batter to a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.  Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes.  Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.





No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...