Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chocolate Nut Angel Pie

This is a recipe that I remember fondly from when I was a kid. It had been years since we had it and last year my Mom found the recipe and I tried it for Easter. It was just like I remembered. Make sure the eggs are room temperature...otherwise it may be 3 days before they set up into meringue.

2 egg whites
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. chopped pecans
3/4 C.semi sweet chocolate pieces
3 tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C. cream, whipped

Beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar. Beat sugar in gradually and continue beating with electric mixer for 5 minutes. Spread into the bottom and sides of a buttered 9in. pie pan. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 1 hour at 275 degrees. Cool thoroughly. Melt chocolate in a double boiler, add water and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add vanilla and cool. Fold into cream quickly and lightly and turn into shell. Chill until ready to serve.

Colony House Trevorm, WI

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...