Sunday, March 28, 2010

Zucchini Bread

I can remember making this bread with both my Mom and Grandma when I was a kid. My Grandma had a friend that grew these ENORMOUS zucchinis and while you couldn't pay me to eat zucchini as a side dish with dinner, I loved it (and still do) in this bread. It smells so good baking!

3 C. zucchini
3 C. flour
2 1/2 C. sugar
1 1/4 C oil
4 eggs beaten
1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. baking powder
raisins and nuts if desired

Beat all ingredients and large bowl for 1 minute on low speed and 1 minute on medium speed. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes at 325 degrees.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...