Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chocolate by the Bald Man

No comments about Chris, please. Chocolate by the Bald Man was the tagline of a restaurant call Max Brenner's that Chris and I went to in Philadelphia this spring. Those of you that know about our trip, know that the weather was abyssmal; windy, rainy, just miserable. This restaurant was within walking distance of our hotel and well worth the walk in the rain.

The food there was elevated pub food. Chris and I shared some flat bread pizza and a chopped salad. The chocolate desserts were the draw for us.

There was also a gift shop in this restaurant where you could get hot chocolate mixes, lotions, other chocolate treats and hug mugs. A hug mug is a specially designed mug for the chocolate drinking ceremony. And why shouldn't drinking chocolate require a ceremony?? The mug is shaped for hugging in both hands, creating the ultimate drinking experience of coziness, warmth and fragrance. Let's just say that I thought the hot chocolate at Max Brenner's was better than the hot chocolate at the Penninsula Hotel downtown. Chris may disagree with me on that but I am currently at the keyboard so it's my opinion you're reading.

This was one of the most memorable experiences in a restaurant I have had in a long time. The food was good and the chocolate was OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Chris bought me a hug mug and inside was the following recipe.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...