Sunday, January 1, 2012

Caprese Party Picks

One of my coworkers made caprese salad for our Christmas potluck a couple of weeks ago and the flavors were so vibrant, it tasted like summertime.  I wanted to do a finger food for New Years in the same theme.  So, I went to the Poot...Caputos for those who aren't local or listen to stories about "the boy".   Tomatoes don't really have great flavor this time of year but I was hoping to get lucky.

I used grape tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella (orrichette shaped).  I used party picks bought at Party City that are about 3 inches long with little plastic streamer type things on the top but any party picks will do.  Cheese, basil, tomato, basil, cheese, basil, tomato is how I threaded each pick.  You can eat them plain or drizzle with some balsamic.

I was pleased with the flavor considering it is the middle of winter...can't wait to see how they taste during summer!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...