Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pomegranate Chipotle Pulled Pork

I had some friends over the other night for dinner.  I made pulled pork sandwiches using the Pomegranate Chipotle Grilling Sauce from Tastefully Simple and added some Jack Daniels Honey Barbecue sauce and water to the mixture.  The whole mixture was just a shade over a cup.  I placed a 3lb pork loin roast in the crockpot and poured the sauce mixture over the roast.  I cooked it on low for 8 hours (6 hours on high).  The roast actually got a crush because there wasn't too much liquid.  My guests ate the sandwiches without additional barbecue sauce; the meat didn't really need it!

Always be sure to reserve your cooking liquid.  I use it to re-warm the meat as I cooked it ahead of the dinner party.  Warm the liquid on the stove top until boiling.  Pour it over shredded meat in a baking pan and put it in a warm oven (300 degrees or so) for about 40 minutes to heat meat through.  Serve on soft rolls.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...