Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jam Kolaches

I don't think I have ever met a person that doesn't like kolaches...even if they are spelled kolackys.  I haven't made them in eons and worked through my recipes and didn't find the one I used in the past so I did some research and came up with this one.  My own person preference would be to only have apricot ones.  Now I have nothing against raspberry or cherry but I am NOT a fan of prune so you probably won't ever get a prune one from me.  Sorry prune lovers!

1/2 C. butter, softened
3oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 C. all purpose flour
1/4 C. jam of your choice
1/4 C sifted confectioners' sugar

Beat butter and cream cheese in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.  Add flour gradually, beating well after each addition.

Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.  Cut into 2 inch circles.  Spoon 1/4 tsp. jam into center of each circle.  Fold opposite ends together; slightly overlapping edges and pinch.

Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.  Remove to wire rack to cool.  Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...