Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pasta e Fagioli

I found this recipe online and tried it. I have loved "pasta fazool" since I was a kid and have always wanted to make my own. I'll probably revisit this and tweak but it is really good as written. You need some good crusty bread with it.

2 tbsp. olive oil
1 C. chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 14.5oz. cans stewed tomatoes
3 C. low sodium chicken broth
1 15oz. can cannellini beans
1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 pound small pasta shells

Heat oil in 4 quart Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.

Add undrained tomatoes, undrained cannellini beans, chicken broth, parsley, basil and pepper to Dutch oven and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Let boil for approximately 1 minute and then let simmer 10 minutes, covered.

Add pasta to Dutch oven and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve immediately and enjoy.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...