Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Roasted Apricots with Honey Vanilla Creme Fraiche

OK, I have been promising myself for years that I am going to BBQ fruit or roast fruit. Here is a recipe I can sink my teeth into...now to wait until apricots come into season!

1 C. packed golden brown sugar
1 tsp ground cardamom
6 large or 12 small apricots, halved and pitted
3 1/2 tbsp. honey, divided
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, diced
1 8oz. container creme fraiche or sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix brown sugar and cardamom in 11X7inch glass baking dish. Add apricots. Pour 1/4 C. water and 2 tbsp. honey over frui; dot with butter. Roast until apricots are tender, occasionally basting with syrup in dish, 12 to 15 minutes.

Whisk creme fraiche, remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. honey and vanilla in a small bowl. Divide warm apricots and syrup among small bowls. Spoon honey vanilla creme fraiche over and serve.

Hmmmm, I bet these would be good with a top notch vanilla ice cream too.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...