Monday, May 17, 2010

Sausage and Peppers

This is a recipe Chris shared with me and we have pretty regularly for dinner. He says I make it better than he does. I think he's just being nice. I alternate between regular and lite smoked sausage---basically we buy whatever is on sale. The regular sausage carmelizes better in the pan; I use my wok...it holds a double batch when the kids are here.

1 package smoked sausage
2 green peppers
2 small onions or 1 large one

Slice the sausage lengthwise then into chunks. Toss in a wok of fry pan and cook for 5-7 minutes. Regular will brown and carmelize. Lite won't.

While the sausage is cooking slice the pepper into strips and slice the onions and then separate into rings.

Take sausage off of the heat and set aside. Cook peppers and onions until onions start to brown. Add sausage back in, turn flame to low, add 1/4 C. of water and simmer for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...