Sunday, June 27, 2010

Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce

I cannot wait for my tomatoes to ripen so I can start making sauce. I'll freeze a bunch of it for both pizza and pasta.

4lbs. Roma tomatoes, quartered (8 cups)
1 C. chopped onion
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 C. olive oil
1/2 C. snipped fresh basil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and sugar in a large baking dish. Toss tomato mixture with olive oil.

Roast until tomatoes soften, 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and mash with a potatoe masher, keeping tomatoes a bit chunky.

Stir in basil.

If you like your sauce smoother, break out your stick blender or your regular blender and blend to your desired smoothness.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...