Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ice Cream Part Deux

OK,  I tried the same chocolate ice cream recipe last weekend using whole milk (you can practically chew it!) and heavy cream.   I still need to work on the overall texture but we're getting closer to what ice cream from the store looks like.  Using the full fat milk and cream definitely gives the mixture a creamier texture and there was less of a Fudgsicle feel.

I am going to look at my deep freezer and see if I can make it colder; I am not looking for a brick but I am hoping for something a little harder than soft serve. 

Ben and Jerry's recipes all look fairly easy so I may try one of them over the weekend.  Who knows, in a couple of years I may perfect my pizza and my ice cream and open a pizza/ice cream parlor!!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...