Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cajun Pork Roast

I found this recipe online today and am going to try in it my crockpot so that I can shred the meat and use it on sandwiches or in salads.  I am sure my sister will think I am a spice dork because I have all of the spices listed.  If if it's not too spicy, I will make it for Sunday supper this fall.  It's also a WW friendly meal

2 pounds boneless pork loin roast

3 tablespoons paprika
1/2 tablespoon red pepper (cayenne)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons thyme
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Combine all seasonings and rub well over all surfaces of roast.

Place roast in shallow pan and roast in 350ºF. oven for about an hour, until internal
temperature is 155 - 160ºF.

Remove from oven, let rest 5 - 10 minutes before slicing.

Per serving: 149 Calories; 6g Total Fat; (35% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate;
47mg Cholesterol; 71mg Sodium.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I am trying this tomorrow in my crockpot so I seared this with the rub on. Wow, does my house smell good!

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...