Friday, October 22, 2010

Pizza Gallery

Now that we are heading into cooler weather, the thought of having a 450 degree oven going for about an hour is more appealing than it was all summer.  Needless to say, I am back to perfecting my pizza recipe.  Did you know that you can put thinly sliced pork roast and goat cheese on a pizza and it tastes like heaven?  Pancetta on a pizza is delicious too.  Oh yeah, my summer tomato sauce recipe...it makes a great pizza sauce as well.



I am also getting better at making round-ish pizzas as opposed to paralleograms, octagons and rhombuses (rhombi?)...not really sure what the correct plural is there.  Here are some photos of my latest creations.

As you can see, Flat Charlie likes my pizza too!  I think his favorite is pepperoni.

The pictures above are of the pork roast and goat cheese pizza.

The pictures below are from tonight's dinner; cheese and pancetta and cheese and meatball. 




We also discovered a cheese combo tonight that is sensational; a mixture of grated mozzarella and grated provolone.  I still may be miles away from my own pizza place but progress is definitely being made!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...