Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Spin on Cuban Sandwiches

I have had Cuban sandwiches a couple of times in restaurants and I like the different flavors going on at once.  I have a Cuban burger recipe on here but tried this today and got rave reviews from my audience (read Chris).  The pork I used was a pork roast that I cooked yesterday in the crockpot for 6 hours and then shredded.

2 ciabatta rolls, split
3 tbsp. Miracle Whip, salt, pepper, and horseradish powder; mixed together
2 dill pickle slices per half roll (use the flat slices, they stay on the sandwich better)
shredded pork, cover the pickles
1 slice of Gruyere cheese per sandwich half

Take your split ciabatta rolls and spread the Miracle Whip mixture on them.  Place them face down in a hot skillet and toast until golden.  Place toasted buns on a baking sheet, place pickle slices, then pork then cheese on top.  Put them under the broiler for 4 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and turns golden brown.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...