Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Baking Plan of Attack

OK, so the planner in me is a little nervous because it's December 1st and I don't have my baking plan in place yet.  OK, let's be honest, I've never really had a baking "plan" other than to get it done.  This year I have found a gazillion new recipes (or 250) and have expanded beyond cookies and breads into candies and chocolate dipped things.

Since I have a full time job that often gets in the way of my cooking/baking endeavors and then there's the singing that will be over for the season next week, then there are cards to write and gifts to wrap...the list goes on and on and on.

So I decided to make a list...we're starting with Ricotta Orange Pound Cake.  I'll post recipes as I go or reference ones already in the blog.  Check back...

OK, now it's December 8th and I have baked the following...Ricotta Orange Pound Cake--I let Mom, Chris and my co-workers sample it and it's a go for the holidays.  I have made 4 mini loaves of Chocolate Chip Banana Bread which is titled simply Banana Bread and dated Sept 7th here in the blog and 4 mini loaves of Cranberry Bread dated April 18th here in the blog.

We're looking at  Thumbprint Cookies which I will post soon and I have to decide on truffles...

OK, I have made the Thumbprint Cookies and the dough was kind of dry.  The cookies themselves are ugly but they do taste good!  I also made Coconut Macaroons and dipped them in melted semi sweet chocolate.  Also, Double Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies, Pretzel Bark and Simply Sensational Truffles.  I will probably bake some  mini loaves of bread during the week.  All of the recipes listed here are also in the blog.

Now that Christmas is over, I have posted some photos of my cookie trays.  I am pretty pleased with my results even though I had a few pitfalls...the Ricotta Orange Pound Cake does not translate into the mini loaf pans, making truffles with milk chocolate is a little iffy...I need to work on my chocolate to cream ratio.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...