Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cheese Cookies

Cheese cookies?  Cheese cookies!!!!  There is a cookie made out of cheese?!?!?  I have died and gone to heaven!   I haven't tried these yet but I see these in my  very near future. 

1/2 lb. butter softened
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
2 C. all purpose flour
2 C. puffed rice cereal
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine butter, cheese, flour, cereal, salt and cayenne; mix well.  With hands, form mixture into balls.  Arrange balls on baking sheet.  Flatten with fork tines.

Bake 10 to 15 mintues or until lightly browned and crisp.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I tried this recipe for a Super Bowl party and was shocked when each cookie melted together on the sheet. I am not sure if I need to go back and do a combo of butter and margarine but this batch of cookies is going to be used for coating on some boneless skinless chicken breasts. The "cookies" taste good, I just need to work on the consistency.

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...