Saturday, January 22, 2011

Italian Salsa

I have been doing some research on appetizers.  You know there is a big football game coming up in a couple of weeks.  Yes, I am aware that the Bears are playing the Packers tomorrow for the chance to go to the Super Bowl but instead of appetizers tomorrow, I am cooking dinner for the family so I will hold my appetizers for Super Bowl Sunday and this is a promising possibility.

6 tomatoes, chopped and drained
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 C. chopped fresh basil
Dash of exgtra virgin olive oil
Dash of balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 baguette, sliced

In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, oil and vinegar; mix well,.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serve with baguette slices.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...