Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gooey Peanut Butter Bars

I foudn this recipe in a cookbook I got and the photo is what caught my eye.  My mouth is watering as I type.  Peanut butter is a truly wonderful thing and I feel sorry for people who cannot eat it.  Then you add chocolate and butterscotch chips?!?!  I am in heaven!

2 C. butter
1 C. sugar
1 C. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 C. peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 C. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C. shopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 C. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C. white chocolate chips
1/2 C. butterscotch chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 13x9 inch pan with aluminum foil. 

In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and brown sugar until well blended.  Add eggs and blend again.  Add peanut butter and vanilla, blending well.

In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder.  Stir into peanut butter mixture.  Spread batter evenly into pan.  Sprinkle nuts and chips evenly over top.  Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until center is firm.  Cool completely on wire rack.  Cut into bars.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...