Thursday, March 24, 2011

Provolone Chicken Pizza

I am putting this up for when we aren't making the effort to go meat free on Fridays during Lent.  We put provolone on pizza pretty regularly but I think this might give us a different spin.  I promise to add some pictures of the finished product to the pizza gallery.  You'll be proud of my efforts in round crust making.  I am making fewer and fewer trapezoid shaped pizza these days.  Chris is a better circle crust maker than I am; but I am getting there.

1 pizza crust
1/2 C. reduced fat ranch salad dressing
6 slices provolone cheese
2 C. shredded, cooked chicken breast
1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced (I may sub red onions here, I like the way they taste with chicken)
1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan; spread with salad dressing.  Top with provolone cheese, chicken, tomato and onions.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust edges are lightly browned.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...