Monday, March 21, 2011

Rhubarb Dump Cake

I am posting this recipe for my aunts.  I also have to share something I learned in the magazine I found this recipe in.  While it used in fruit recipes, rhubarb is technically a vegetable.  Who knew?

1lb. fresh rhubarb, chopped (about 4 C.)
1/2 C. sugar
1 3oz. pkg. strawberry jello
1 pkg. white cake mix
1 C. water
1/3 C. butter melted butter
3/4 C. thawed Cool Whip


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Place rhubarb in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish; sprinkle with sugar and dry gelatin mix.

Beat cake mix, water and butter with whisk until well blended.  Pour over rhubarb; spread to completely cover rhubarb.

Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve warm topped with Cool Whip.  For a little twist, top each serving with a dash of ground cinnamon or ginger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kath! Our rhubarb is starting to come up in the front beds. Come on, spring!

Mary

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...