Monday, March 21, 2011

Hard Boiled Eggs

As my family's deviled egg guru, I am always looking for the best way to make easy peel hard boiled eggs.  For years I have been using cold water, add the eggs and bring to a boil, boil for 10 minutes, let the eggs sit in the cold water for 10 minutes and then run cold water over the eggs.  They peel great but the yolks have a green edge.  I am going to try this technique and hopefully the yolks will stay yellow.

Place eggs in a saucepan.  Fill with water covering eggs but at least 1 inch of water. 

Bring water to a boil; cover.  Remove pan from heat; let stand 15 minutes.  Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...