Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tomato Basil Bisque

I looked at this recipe and noticed there isn't any fresh basil in this recipe and I was really surprised.  Once my herb garden gets planted, I will add some fresh basil to this dish.  It will much up what will already be something yummy.

1 24oz. can diced tomatoes with basil
1/2 C. 1% milk or fat free half and half
4oz reduced fat or non fat cream cheese

Place tomatoes in blender and pulse until almost smooth.  Pour into large saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling.  Stir in milk; add cream cheese and cook until heated through.  Serve with crusty bread if desired.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...