Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blue Cheese Chive Butter

This would be pretty good on a juicy steak, just off the grill.  I don't know that I quite have a 1/2 C. of chives to mince yet but we managed to dodge the frost last night so hopefully spring is here to stay this time.  Bon Appetit tucked this recipe on the corner of a page and I almost missed it.   So glad I didn't!

Combine 1/3 C. crumbled blue cheese in a bowl with 1/2 stick softened butter, 1/2 C. minced chives and plenty of cracked pepper.  Whisk vigorously with a fork.  Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.  Bring to room temperature before serving.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...