Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Garden is Planted

OK, you've seen some wistful posts about getting the garden going and some cranky posts about the weather, but I can say that my little tiny garden is planted for 2011.  Those who have been to my house know that I have limited space but I make good use of my deck with my veggies and herbs.  I have 3 different kinds of tomatoes; Brandywine, Roma and Jubilee which are golden orange.  I have jalepeno and ancho peppers.  And me herb garden consists of  rosemary, flat leaf parlsey, mint, regular and Greek oregano, sweet basil, sage, thyme and chives.  Everything is doing well and I am sincerely hoping I don't need to pull them all off of the plant stand ahead of some severe storms that are due later tonight.  The beagle has already evacuated to the area behind our couches.  I think it's going to be a long night.

The rest of my "garden" is flowers...and my yard looks nice if I do say so myself.

The other great thing that happened this weekend was the first farmer's market in Oak Park so tonight we are having potatoes, asparagus and green onions with dinner; some of the spoils from my trip.

I look forward to sharing some recipes using the bounty from my garden.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...