Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BBQ Chicken and Blue Cheese Pizza

The photo of this pizza in the Aug 2011 Cooking Light is enough to make your mouth water.  I may interchange some of the ingredients as different veggies harvest around here.  You might actually be able to call this Farmer's Market pizza.  I am going to copy the recipe as written but add how I plan to make it once the heatwave breaks.  Until it does, I have no plans to heat my oven to 5000 degrees!

1 prebaked thin pizza crust (I will use the fresh dough I get from Caputo's)
1/3 C. barbecue sauce
1 1/2 C. shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (I'll get Chris to smoke a chicken for me)
1/2 C. vertically sliced red onion
1/2 C. coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper
1/2 C. crumbled blue cheese (you could use feta, smoked mozzarella, fresh mozzarella...any kind of cheese you want
2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (you could use grape or cherry tomatoes instead)

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Place pizza crust on baking sheet or pizza pan.  Spread sauce over the crust, leaving a 1/2 inch border.  Top with chicken and remaining ingredients.  Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is crisp.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...