Monday, August 8, 2011

Chocolate Caramel Cookies

OK, I think I have this figured out.  I need to find a kid to go trick or treating for me and then I need to shake them down for all of their Rolo candies and then I can make these cookies.  OR I can go to the store and buy my own bag of Rolos!  LOL  Children of the western suburbs of Chicago, you are safe from the Rolo shakedown!!

1 pkg. devil's food cake mix
1/4 C. water
1 egg
3 tbsp. canola oil
38 Rolo candies
Chopped hazelnuts (Not everyone in my family likes hazelnuts so I may use pecans)

Combine cake mix, water, egg and oil in a large bowl.  Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.  Press candy into each; reshape balls.  Dip tops in nuts.

Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until tops are cracked.  Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.  Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...