Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blueberry Spice Muffins

I am always eager to go through the multitude of food and cooking magazines that I get each month.  I love looking for new recipes to share.  I have been computer-less since approximately 7/24.  OK, maybe not computer-less but when I have to compete with Chris for his and he uses his for work, I take second place.  I am hoping my days of computer issues are over because I have a TON of magazines to go through.

I am starting off with my Penzeys catalog.  I get just about every catalog known to man.  Just ask my mail carrier!  LOL  I have tried many recipes in the Penzeys catalog and I have yet to be disappointed.

1 3/4 C. flour
1/2 C. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 C. milk
1/3 C. melted butter
1 1/4 C. fresh blueberries

Topping:
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  For the muffins, combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.  In a small bowl, combine teh egg and milk and then add to the dry ingredients along with the melted butter.  Stir just until moistened and then fold in the blueberries.  Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.  Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter.  Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until browned and springy or a toothpick inserted that doesn't spear a blueberry comes out clean.  Cool a few minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I made these today and while they need longer that the posted baking time...they didn't need quite as much as I gave them. Try about 10 minutes more. I do like the way the cinnamon, nutmeg and blueberries blend.

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...