Friday, September 30, 2011

Slow Cooker French Dip

When I was a kid, I often ordered French dips when out to eat.  I love the way the gravy sops into the roll and the tender roast beef would melt in my mouth.  It wasn't until I was an adult, that I learned the beauty of cheese on a French dip.  But then again EVERYTHING is better with cheese!

3lbs beef sirloin roast
1 packet dry au jus mix
1 C. water
8 slices provolone cheese
8 hoagie rolls

Place the beef roast in a slow cooker.  Stir together the water and au jus mix; pour over the roast.  Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred or slice.  Open the hoagie rolls and top with beef and cheese.  Serve with bowls of the hot au jus.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...