Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gluten Free Almond Cookies

Celiac's Disease is being diagnosed more and more and I have read plenty that tells me that eating gluten free is good for you even if you don't HAVE to follow the diet.  These cookies look tasty and the recipe is pretty easy.  I think I will try it for holiday baking.

1 8oz. can almond paste
1/2 C. sugar
2 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt

In a large bowl, beat almond paste and sugar until crumbly.  Beat in egg whites and salt until smooth.  Shape dough into 1 inch balls.

Place 1 inch apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.  Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...