Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chile Cheese Egg Casserole

We're doing a brunch at work this week and I was struggling for an egg casserole recipe...the problem is, I am limited in the size of a baking dish I can warm and my Pyrex portable won't keep the casserole warmed long enough for it to be edible at the time of the brunch.  I am going to try this in the 9x13 and then see if I can make it in a smaller pan in case we do another work brunch.  Or maybe, I can talk Chris into breakfast for dinner sometime.  I'd serve this with salsa, sour cream and tortillas.

1 stick butter
10 eggs
2 egg whites
1/4 C. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 8oz. cans diced green chiles
1 quart (4 C.) cottage cheese
1/2 C. mascarpone
1lb. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan.  Place pan in oven until butter is melted. Pour half of the butter into a small bowl and set aside.

Beat eggs and egg whites lightly in a large bowl.  Stir in flour, baking powder, chiles, all cheeses, salt and pepper.  Mix well.

Pour egg mixture into baking pan.  Pour reserved butter evenly over the top.

Bake for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until casserole is set.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...