Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blueberry Buttermilk Coffeecake

As you may have noticed, I am starting to look for summer recipes.  The glorious spring weather we have enjoyed the last couple of days hasn't helped my craving for summer a bit!  I have spent the entire winter waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak.  I hope it doesn't come in the form of a mid to late March snowstorm.  That will make me grumpy.  Sometimes I bake when I get grumpy though. :)

1/2 C. butter
1 1/3 C. white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 C. buttermilk
4 C. all purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 C. blueberries
2/3 C. flour
2/3 C. white sugar
6 tbsp. butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.  Sift together 4 cups of flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 C. butter and 1 1/3 C. sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.  Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated.  Stir in blueberries.  Pour batter into prepared pan.  In a small bowl, combine 2/3 C. flour and 2/3 C. sugar, cut in 6 tbsp. butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Sprinkle over top of batter.

Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.  Allow to cool and serve.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...