Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dirty Alfredo

I remember the first time I made homemade fettucine Alfredo.  I was so proud of myself.  It was long before I became passionate about cooking.  It was good though and probably helped set me on my journey.  Now, I like dirty martinis and dirty rice.  I've been known to get dirty when I work on my herb garden or in my flower beds.  Dirty Alfredo sounds like it would be a most excellent addition to good things that are dirty.  Promise to report back!

1 16oz. box fettucine
1/2lb. bacon
2 tbsp. butter
1 pound chicken tenderloin, cut into bite size pieces (I might just use boneless skinless chicken breasts.  Sometimes chicken tenderloin pieces are weird.)
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic
2 jars Alfredo sauce
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. Italian dressing
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Bring a large pot of lighted salted water until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes, drain.

Cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes; drain on paper towel lined plate.  Finely chop bacon and set aside.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Cook and stir the chicken, onion, and garlic in the butter until the chicken is browned, about 5 minutes.  Stir in the Alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder; continue to cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes more.  Add the chopped bacon and mix to serve.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...