Saturday, March 24, 2012

Garlicky Asparagus

It's almost asparagus season.  I have had some so far, it has been OK and each time I buy some it tastes better than the time before.  It's funny to me that I didn't like asparagus until I got divorced.  I guess starting my new life I was more than willing to try new things.  Who knew??  Who knew those weird looking little stalks would be so good and make other things taste good too.  Saute some and toss it into an omelet while you cook it.  Add a little lemon pepper and YUM!

I am going to try this with my next batch of asparagus.

1lb. asparagus spears, trimmed
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper

Steam asparagus 4 minutes or until crisp tender.

While asparagus steams, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.  Add garlic; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently.  Add asparagus, salt and pepper and toss to combine.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...