Sunday, July 15, 2012

Carolina Marinated Pork Tenderloin

It only seems fitting to add a recipe giving homage to NASCAR's home state as a watch this weeks installment of the Sprint Cup circuit.  I've had Carolina BBQ and Kansas City BBQ and some fantastic BBQ in other places but I always like trying new BBQ spins.  Plus with the amount of pork roasts I have lying around at any given time, we can try dozens of different recipes!

1/4 C. molasses
2 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 pork tenderloin

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the molasses, mustard and vinegar; add the pork.  Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

Prepare grill for indirect heat.  Drain and discard marinade.  Using long handled tongs, dip a paper towel in cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.  Grill pork over indirect medium hot heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, turning occasionally.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.



If you have a larger roast, grill for approx. 20-25 minutes per pound; again meat thermometer should read 160 degrees.

6.29.14->  I made the above tenderloins today.  My grill was at 450-500 degrees and I had the meat on the flame for 2 minutes per side, then moved the meat the cool side of the grill and covered the grill.  I set the timer for 6 minutes at a time, turning the meat and checking the internal temperature until I got to 150-155 degrees.  I then moved the meat to a foil pan, covered it and put it in the oven to rest and reach 160 degrees internal temperature.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...