Sunday, July 15, 2012

Strawberry Sorbet

I made some fantastic sorbet today. You know how sometimes you get a taste for something.  I was on my way to Caputo's this morning and all of a sudden I had a taste for sorbet. I bought an ice cream maker a couple of years ago and I haven't had a ton of success with it but I decided to try again. Strawberries were 99 cents a pound.  I figured if I failed miserably, it wouldn't be an expensive failure. I doubled the recipe today and only had 4 tbsp. lemon juice so I subbed key lime juice for the other 2 tbsp. 1lb. ripe strawberries hulled and chopped 1/2 C. white sugar 1 pinch salt 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch 1 1/2 tsp. cold water 3 tbsp. lemon juice Directions 1. Place berries in the work bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth. Combine berry puree, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan. Heat until melted and just simmering. Whisk cornstarch into the cold water; stir into heated berry mixture. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Cool slightly. Refrigerate berry mixture until cold, about 2 hours. 2. Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. This is what it looked like before I froze it.
This is the finished product and it was YUMMY!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...