Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

If you are following my posts in chronological order, you might be seeing a theme here.  Yep, we are heading towards Fall.  It's always a bittersweet time of year for me.  I like it warm and sunny.  We had that to an extreme this summer so part of me is looking forward to wearing a sweater or two.  On the other hand, Fall also means Winter cannot be far behind and if it was up to me, every Winter would just be cancelled in favor of one of the other seasons.  I think I will just have to enjoy the occasional slice of pumpkin bread to soothe the dread of Winter!

1 3/4 C. flour
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 tbsp. baking powder
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 C. butter, melted
1 C. sugar
1 15oz. can pumpkin
2 eggs
1/3 C. chopped walnuts (now you know I am going to swap out the walnuts in favor of pecans)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder, spice and baking soda; set aside.

Whisk butter, sugar and pumpkin in large bowl.  Blend in eggs.  Add flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Pour into loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray; top with nuts.

Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, covering loosely with foil for the last 20 minutes.  Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...