Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chocolate Nut Bread

This is going to be on my Christmas baking list.  I love making mini loaves for my co-workers.  I will most likely swap out the walnuts for pecans but then I usually do.  I just like the taste of pecans better.

1 C. butter, softened
2 C. sugar
5 eggs
2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 C. cake flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C. buttermilk
1 C. chopped walnuts, optional

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, chocolate and vanilla; mix well.  Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.  Stir in nuts if desired.

Pour into four mini loaf pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...