Sunday, May 19, 2013

Herb Garden 2013

It appears that Spring is finally here to stay...I am testing that theory...I turned off the heat in my house today.  I have had the thermostat set for 64 for for a couple of weeks...it actually kicked on a week ago Friday because Spring had gone on hiatus for 48 hours or so.  I actually flipped the switch to OFF today.  Fingers crossed that I don't need to turn it back on until at least October.

I planted the bulk of my humble little herb garden today.  New plants always hold so much promise.


Greek Oregano





Chives in bloom



Crooked Rosemary


French Tarragon


 Lavender



Sage


 Flat Leaf Parsley


 Curly Parsley


 Creeping Thyme


Sweet Basil 


 TriColor Sage


 Cilantro


We'll see how things go with the cilantro...the beagle overturned the pot and it was pretty scrawny to begin with.

One thing I did this year is my cilantro and sweet basil are out of direct sunlight which is difficult on a deck that faces South.  Last year they fried before I had a chance to use them.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...