Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rhubarb Salsa

Wow!!  This has a bite...I made this today and am going to take it to a crawfish boil and believe me, it will fit right in from a spicy perspective.

Special thanks to my aunts for the supply of rhubarb...you guys are going to want to try this.

2 C. rhubarb, diced small
1 C. chopped apple, I used Galas
3 green onions, chopped
2 limes, juiced, I used 3 because they were small
2 tbsp. honey
1 jalepeno, seeded and chopped-->be sure to wash your hands well afterwards if you don't use gloves.

Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium heat, stir in rhubarb.  Simmer for 2 minutes to blanch.  Drain in a colander and cool.

Stir together cooled rhubarb, apple, green onions, lime juice, honey and jalepeno until thoroughly combined.


1 comment:

Kathie said...

I brought this to crawfish boil last week and it was a hit. It looks pretty on blue corn chips but I am sure any chips will do. It's nice to hear compliments on my food from people who don't know me!

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...